|image from Barnes and Noble’s website|
FIVE REASONS WHY LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR IS MADE OF AWESOME
1. Cricket Bell is one of the most swoon-worthy guys in YA. He’s charming, quirky, and always there for Lola no matter what. I could go on and on about him and how much I love him, but I want you to see for yourself. 🙂
2. Lola is one heck of a narrator. Much like Anna in the first book, Lola has an extremely likable and believable voice. She’s so dramatic, but in a fun, entertaining kind of way.
3. There’s a sort of depth to this story that makes it stand apart from Anna and the French Kiss. I don’t know how to explain it, but the issues presented in this book seem more mature and give the book a sophisticated feel. Lola’s relationship with Max may seem a bit cliche at first, but it plays out rather believably and realistically.
4. Ms. Perkins’ writing continues to show just how talented she is at writing YA. She has given readers a diverse selection of characters and issues that make this book well-rounded and engaging. The dialogue is smooth and believable, while her descriptions are vivid, yet not over the top.
5. Anna and Etienne are side characters. Enough said. 🙂